If you are a graduate student, please contact Jessica Sun for assistance.
Things to Do Now
- Begin an application (opens April 3) and register as a Pitt Main Campus applicant
- Attend a mandatory Fulbright information session (see National Scholarships newsletter)
- Thoroughly read Fulbright’s website
- Carefully consider the profiles of countries
- Research country; keep up with current events in the country
- Consider potential recommendation writers and discuss with a National Scholarships advisor
- Put together a support team of faculty experts in your country and project area, such as advisors in UCIS, ELI, and relevant Pitt departments
- Look for opportunities to strengthen your candidacy, e.g. become a volunteer ELI instructor
- Begin networking for affiliates (research and study grants only)
- Schedule advising appointments with Ian, Judy, and Shannon *We suggest advance schedule a minimum of 3 appointments (6 appointments is the average) between now and August 1
- Update your CV/resume and upload it to your UHC Scholarships profile (which will be created for you once you schedule a meeting)
- Read sample Fulbright essays in the UHC office (drop-ins are welcome!)
April to August 1
- Send recommendation packet to your referees no later than June.
- Send for all university/college transcripts (unofficial is okay), both in the United States and abroad
- Secure your affiliation letter (if needed)
- Meet with a national scholarships advisor at least three times to review drafts of your essays
- Meet with your support team to discuss your essays
- Schedule and complete your language evaluation (if needed)
- Complete your online Fulbright application, including uploading transcripts, affiliation letter, and any other supplemental materials; print out and show to national scholarships advisor
- *Shannon will be in touch by mid-August to schedule your one-hour committee interview to be held the 2nd and 3rd weeks of November
- Campus Deadline: Submit your complete application through Fulbright’s Embark system; the application goes to the National Scholarships office, not to the Fulbright office.
- Final Campus Deadline - Submit your final application through Fulbright’s Embark system.