- Research different Oxford programs that match your interests. Be prepared to discuss your program ideas at your first advising appointment with Judy Zang, Director of National Scholarships.
- Identify 8 recommendation writers.
- Schedule an advising appointment with Judy or Ian Riggins to discuss programs, candidate profile, and recommendation letter writers (get on calendar now for all appointments).
- Upload your CV or resume to your UHC Scholarship Profile (contact Shannon Mischler at email@example.com if you do not have a profile).
- Read every page on the Rhodes website.
- Network with faculty (if possible) and former students in your program of interest at Oxford.
May through August
- Work on application and essay drafts. The essay must be your own work; you cannot receive feedback on the essay from the national scholarships office, professors, mentors, or anyone else.
- Send recommendation packet to your referees no later than July 15. Include a succinct program description, points in your profile they should address, unofficial transcripts, CV, etc. (please read Tips & Advice web page). Also include the UK Award Recommendation Letter Guidelines (you will receive these after you discuss your letter writers with an advisor).
- Complete your supporting documents, application, short answers, and list of activities.
- Meet with a national scholarships advisor to review your application components.
- Order your transcripts from all universities attended.
- Email complete application via attachments to Judy (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Ian (email@example.com). A campus endorsement committee will then review the materials under consideration for endorsement. We will ask your recommendation writers to send us drafts of their letters by this date as well.
- FINAL APPLICATIONS DUE for all University-endorsed students (e-mail ALL final materials to Judy Zang and Ian Riggins.)
By October 5
- Submit your final application through the Rhodes online system.
- Note: It is best if you officially submit your Rhodes application and ask your letter writers to submit their recommendations at least one week before the final deadline.