CHURCHILL SCHOLARSHIP 2018 - PITT CAMPUS PROCESS
- Research different programs at Cambridge that match your interests; look at programs in various departments. Be prepared to discuss your program ideas at your first advising appointment with Judy Zang, Director of National Scholarships.
- Identify 4 recommendation writers.
- Identify your support team.
- Schedule a minimum of 3 advising appointments (via phone, Skype, or in person) with Judy or Ian Riggins throughout the summer to discuss drafts and letter of recommendation writers (get on calendar now for all appointments).
- Upload your CV or resume to your UHC Scholarship Profile (contact Shannon Mischler at email@example.com if you do not have a profile).
- Read every page on the Churchill website.
MAY TO AUGUST
- Establish a connection with the director of your chosen laboratory at Cambridge. Obtain correspondence (email is acceptable) indicating the director’s willingness to accept you into his or her laboratory. Note: This is only necessary for MPhil applicants, not for applicants to the MASt in Mathematics or Astrophysics.
- Send recommendation packet to your referees no later than July 15. Include a succinct program description, points in your profile they should address, unofficial transcripts, CV, etc. (please read Tips & Advice web page). Also include the UK Award Recommendation Letter Guidelines (you will receive these after you discuss your letter writers with an advisor).
- Send for all university/college transcripts, both in the United States and abroad.
- Meet with a national scholarships advisor at least three times to review drafts of your application and essay.
- Submit complete Churchill Scholarship application and Cambridge graduate program admissions application via attachments to Judy (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Ian (email@example.com). We will ask your recommendation writers to send us drafts of their letters by this date as well. A campus endorsement committee will then meet to select two Pitt Churchill nominees.
BY OCTOBER 13
- Submit graduate admission application.
- Note: Churchill gives October 13th as the graduate admissions deadline, but if the deadline for your selected program is earlier, you must submit the graduate admission application by that earlier date.
- FINAL APPLICATIONS DUE for two University-endorsed students (email ALL final materials to Judy and Ian).
Director of National Scholarships, Judy Zang
National Scholarships Advisor, Ian Riggins