MARSHALL SCHOLARSHIP 2018 - PITT CAMPUS PROCESS
- Register an application in the Marshall Embark online system.
- Research different UK programs that match your interests. Be prepared to discuss your program ideas at your first advising appointment with Judy Zang, Director of National Scholarships.
- Identify four recommendation writers.
- Identify your support team.
- Schedule a minimum of 3 advising appointments (via phone, Skype, or in person) with Judy or Ian Riggins throughout the summer to discuss drafts and letter of recommendation writers (get on calendar now for all appointments).
- Upload your CV or resume to your UHC Scholarship Profile (contact Shannon Mischler at firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not have a profile).
- Read every page on the Marshall website.
MAY TO AUGUST
- Establish a connection with someone in your chosen UK program.
- Send recommendation packet to your referees no later than July 15. Include a succinct program description, points in your profile they should address, unofficial transcripts, CV, etc. (please read Tips & Advice web page). Also include the UK Award Recommendation Letter Guidelines (you will receive these after you discuss your letter writers with an advisor).
- Order official transcripts from all universities attended, both in the United States and abroad.
- Meet with National Scholarships advisors at least three times to review drafts of your essays.
- Submit complete application online. Your letter writers should also submit their recommendations online by this date. A campus endorsement committee will then review the materials under consideration for endorsement.
- Note: The application and recommendation letters only come to us, not to the Marshall foundation, when they are submitted. If we discover mistakes in the application or letters, we can easily return it to you to have them corrected.
- FINAL APPLICATIONS DUE for all University-endorsed students.
Director of National Scholarships, Judy Zang
Advisor, Ian Riggins