RHODES SCHOLARSHIP 2018 - PITT CAMPUS PROCESS
University of Pittsburgh Honors College
Rhodes Scholarship 2018 - Timeline
- Research different Oxford programs that match your interests. Be prepared to discuss your program ideas at your first advising appointment with Judy Zang, Director of National Scholarships.
- Identify 8 recommendation writers.
- Schedule an advising appointment with Judy or Ian Riggins to discuss programs, candidate profile, and recommendation letter writers (get on calendar now for all appointments).
- Upload your CV or resume to your UHC Scholarship Profile (contact Shannon Mischler at email@example.com if you do not have a profile).
- Read every page on the Rhodes website.
- Network with faculty (if possible) and former students in your program of interest at Oxford.
MAY THROUGH AUGUST
- Work on application and essay drafts. The essay must be your own work; you cannot receive feedback on the essay from the national scholarships office, professors, mentors, or anyone else.
- Send recommendation packet to your referees no later than July 15. Include a succinct program description, points in your profile they should address, unofficial transcripts, CV, etc. (please read Tips & Advice web page). Also include the UK Award Recommendation Letter Guidelines (you will receive these after you discuss your letter writers with an advisor).
- Complete your supporting documents, application, short answers, and list of activities.
- Meet with a national scholarships advisor to review your application components.
- Order your transcripts from all universities attended.
- Email complete application via attachments to Judy (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Ian (email@example.com). A campus endorsement committee will then review the materials under consideration for endorsement. We will ask your recommendation writers to send us drafts of their letters by this date as well.
- FINAL APPLICATIONS DUE for all University-endorsed students (email ALL final materials to Judy and Ian).
BY OCTOBER 5
- Submit your final application through the Rhodes online system.
- Note: It is best if you officially submit your Rhodes application and ask your letter writers to submit their recommendations at least one week before the final deadline.
Director of National Scholarships, Judy Zang
National Scholarships Advisor, Ian Riggins