Schwarzman Scholars 2018 Campus Guidelines
Schwarzman Scholars prepares future leaders for success in a world where China plays a key global role. The program gives the best and brightest students from around the world the opportunity to develop their leadership skills through a fully funded one-year Master's Degree in Public Policy, International Relations, or Economics and Business at Tsinghua University in Beijing.
Judy Zang (firstname.lastname@example.org), Director of National Scholarships
Ian Riggins (email@example.com), National Scholarships Advisor
- Register an application through the Schwarzman online system.
- Carefully consider which focus area—public policy, economics and business, or international studies—you will pursue
- Research China with your specific focus area in mind; keep up with current events in the country and the rest of the world
- Consider potential recommendation writers
- Schedule a minimum of 3 advising appointments (via phone, Skype, or in person) with Judy or Ian Riggins throughout the summer to discuss drafts and letter of recommendation writers (get on calendar now for all appointments).
- Update your CV/resume and upload it to your UHC profile (created for you once you schedule your first advising appointment)
- Thoroughly read the Schwarzman Scholars website
MAY TO AUGUST
- Send recommendation packet to your referees no later than July 15. Include a succinct program description, points in your profile they should address, unofficial transcripts, CV, etc. (please read Tips & Advice web page).
- Order your transcripts from all universities attended, both in the United States and abroad.
- Meet with National Scholarships advisors at least three times to review drafts of your essays.
- CAMPUS DEADLINE - e-mail a near-final draft of your entire application (essays, transcripts, and video) to Judy and Ian
- Have your recommendation writers e-mail a DRAFT of their letters to Ian and Judy
- FINAL DEADLINE – submit your final application through the Schwarzman online system
- Save a PDF of your final application for your records and e-mail a copy to Judy and Ian
Director of National Scholarships, Judy Zang
Advisor, Ian Riggins