Funds post baccalaureate study in a variety of disciplines in the United Kingdom. Marshall Scholars are future leaders who will strengthen the relationship between the British and American peoples, their governments and their institutions. Graduating seniors and recent graduates can apply up to three years after receiving their first undergraduate degree. US citizenship is required.
Internal Pitt Deadline: 1 September 2019
Final Deadline: 1 October 2019
May to August
- Register an application in the Marshall Embark online system.
- Research different UK programs that match your interests.
- Identify four recommendation writers.
- Identify your support team.
- Read every page on the Marshall website.
- Contact Aidan Beatty (firstname.lastname@example.org) to arrange a meeting to discuss your interest in the scholarship.
- Establish a connection with someone in your chosen UK program.
- Send recommendation packet to your referees no later than July 15. Include a succinct program description, points in your profile they should address, unofficial transcripts, CV, etc. (please read Tips & Advice web page). Also include the UK Award Recommendation Letter Guidelines (you will receive these after you discuss your letter writers with an advisor).
- Order official transcripts from all universities attended, both in the United States and abroad.
- Meet with National Scholarships advisors at least 3 times to review drafts of your essays.
- Submit complete application online. Your letter writers should also submit their recommendations online by this date. A campus endorsement committee will then review the materials under consideration for endorsement.
- Note: The application and recommendation letters only come to us, not to the Marshall foundation, when they are submitted. If we discover mistakes in the application or letters, we can easily return it to you to have them corrected.
FINAL APPLICATIONS DUE for all University-endorsed students.