Funds post baccalaureate study in a variety of disciplines in the United Kingdom. Marshall Scholars are future leaders who will strengthen the relationship between the British and American peoples, their governments and their institutions. Graduating seniors and recent graduates can apply up to three years after receiving their first undergraduate degree. US citizenship is required.
Internal Pitt Deadline: May 1
Final Deadline: October 1
Before May 1
- Research different UK programs that match your interests.
- Identify four recommendation writers.
- Identify your support team.
- Read every page on the Marshall website.
- Contact Aidan Beatty (firstname.lastname@example.org) to arrange a meeting to discuss your interest in the scholarship.
- Establish a connection with someone in your chosen UK program.
- Order official transcripts from all universities attended, both in the United States and abroad.
- Meet with National Scholarships advisors at least 3 times to review drafts of your essays.
- To be considered for endorsement, you must submit a personal statement and transcripts to Aidan Beatty by May 1. No applications after this date will be considered.
- Submit complete application online. Your letter writers should also submit their recommendations online by this date. A campus endorsement committee will then review the materials under consideration for endorsement.
- Note: The application and recommendation letters only come to us, not to the Marshall foundation, when they are submitted. If we discover mistakes in the application or letters, we can easily return it to you to have them corrected.
FINAL APPLICATIONS DUE for all University-endorsed students.