Funds post-baccalaureate study at Oxford University. Rhodes Scholars are chosen for their outstanding scholarly achievements, character, commitment to others and to the common good, and potential for leadership in their fields. Graduating seniors and recent graduates under the age of 24 can apply. US citizenship or permanent residency is required.
Internal Pitt Deadline: September 2, 2019
Final Deadline: October 2, 2019
- Research different Oxford programs that match your interests.
- Identify 8 recommendation writers.
- Read every page on the Rhodes website.
- Network with faculty (if possible) and former students in your program of interest at Oxford.
- Contact Aidan Beatty (firstname.lastname@example.org) to arrange a meeting to discuss your interest in the scholarship.
May through August
- Work on application and essay drafts. The essay must be your own work; you cannot receive feedback on the essay from the national scholarships office, professors, mentors, or anyone else.
- Send recommendation packet to your referees no later than July 15. Include a succinct program description, points in your profile they should address, unofficial transcripts, CV, etc. (please read Tips & Advice web page). Also include the UK Award Recommendation Letter Guidelines (you will receive these after you discuss your letter writers with an advisor).
- Complete your supporting documents, application, short answers, and list of activities.
- Meet with a national scholarships advisor to review your application components.
- Order your transcripts from all universities attended.
- Give complete application to an Honors Scholarship Mentor. A campus endorsement committee will then review the materials under consideration for endorsement. We will ask your recommendation writers to send us drafts of their letters by this date as well.
- FINAL APPLICATIONS DUE for all University-endorsed students.
By October 2
- Submit your final application through the Rhodes online system.
- Note: It is best if you officially submit your Rhodes application and ask your letter writers to submit their recommendations at least one week before the final deadline.