Schwarzman Scholars prepares future leaders for success in a world where China plays a key global role. The program gives the best and brightest students from around the world the opportunity to develop their leadership skills through a fully funded one-year Master's Degree in Public Policy, International Relations, or Economics and Business at Tsinghua University in Beijing.
Register an application through the Schwarzman online system.
- Carefully consider which focus area—public policy, economics and business, or international studies—you will pursue
- Research China with your specific focus area in mind; keep up with current events in the country and the rest of the world
- Consider potential recommendation writers
- Schedule a minimum of 3 advising appointments (via phone, Skype, or in person) with Lesha Greene throughout the summer to discuss drafts and letter of recommendation writers (get on calendar now for all appointments).
- Update your CV/resume and send it to Lesha
- Thoroughly read the Schwarzman Scholars website
May to August
- Send recommendation packet to your referees no later than July 15. Include a succinct program description, points in your profile they should address, unofficial transcripts, CV, etc. (please read Tips & Advice web page).
- Order your transcripts from all universities attended, both in the United States and abroad.
- Meet with a Scholarship Mentor at least 3 times to review drafts of your essays.
- CAMPUS DEADLINE - e-mail a near-final draft of your entire application (essays, transcripts, and video) to Lesha.
- Have your recommendation writers e-mail a DRAFT of their letters to Lesha.
- FINAL DEADLINE – submit your final application through the Schwarzman online system
- Save a PDF of your final application for your records and e-mail a copy to Lesha.